We take your privacy very seriously. We want you to know what information we will be gathering, what we’re using it for, and how long we’ll keep it. We promise we won’t gather more than we need or keep any of your personal information longer than necessary to carry out the project you agreed to participate in. You can read a description of the personal information we gather, its uses, and how long we keep it below. If you have any questions or concerns about privacy, please contact Sport England’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sport England, Continuum Sport and Leisure Ltd and MyCustomerLens
- This online survey has been created by Sport England for their research project. Sport England will be the controller over your personal data.
- Continuum Sport and Leisure Ltd (‘Continuum’) will be evaluating your personal data and passing on their findings onto Sport England. They are a processor of your personal data.
- MyCustomerLens, who designed the software that powers this online survey, will not be using your personal data. However, by virtue of them creating and powering the platform that your personal data will be shared and stored in, they are a sub-processer of your personal data.
What categories of personal data will Sport England collect about you?
By completing this survey, you consent to us gathering the following types of personal data about you:
- age group;
- whether they have a limiting illness or disability;
- club name;
What is the lawful basis for processing your data?
- Continuum and MyCustomerLens need to collect and use personal data in order to carry out the evaluation on Sport England’s behalf. Collecting this personal data is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest. The lawful basis is public task.
- The survey will ask questions on ethnicity and disability/ health data. These are called special category data and need special care in processing them. The lawful basis for processing these data is your consent to do so. You can choose not to answer these questions.
How will your personal data be used?
By completing this survey, you also agree and consent to Continuum’s and Sport England’s use of your personal data only in the following ways:
- To analyse your responses by non-identifiable data e.g. age, gender, ethnicity. Names and contact details will not be used in analysis; and
- To disseminate or disclose anonymised reporting of your personal data to third parties such as National Governing Bodies.
What are your rights to your personal data?
- You have the right to access any personal data held by Continuum or Sport England, at any time when the data is held in a way which could identify you. You will not be able to access your personal data once Continuum has removed it.
- When the data are held in a way which could identify you, you can also ask us to stop processing your data and can ask us to correct the information we hold about you. If, at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent for any collection or any use of your personal data, you can do so by email to Sport England (email@example.com).
- You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ‘ICO’) if you have concerns about how Continuum or Sport England have processed your personal data. You can find details about how to contact the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will your personal data and identifiable responses be retained?
- Sport England will hold the data collected as part of evaluation in a way that cannot identify you for as long as is necessary to support the research project and findings.
- Your personal data will be deleted or anonymized within sixty (60) days of the survey ending.
- Your personal data may also be deleted within seven (7) days upon your written request to Continuum (ClubMatters@Continuumleisure.co.uk)
- MyCustomerLens will permanently purge all site data within sixty (60) days of the survey ending.
By completing this survey, you are confirming that you understand and agree to this Privacy Statement.